Tuesday, August 9, 2011

There is always.....

 A special place in my heart for VSA Alabama. I received a message from Patti, the executive director, of this wonderful organization which had me almost in tears. In the past, I used to attend the Art Partners program each Saturday to photograph the magic of a the collaboration of individual with special needs paired with a community artist. Might I add, I was amazed to see a child's creativity at work. 

One of my favorite images from these sessions has always has been this:


This image is powerful within it itself. On a side note, I am a pediatric occupational therapist  and I had the  opportunity to see this child grow for 2 years when I was working in early intervention. Back to my phone call (Sorry!!), I was asked to take part in The 9th Annual ArtPartners Live Auction and Showcase on August 21th @ B&A Warehouse starting at 5:30pm . What am I doing.. Taking pictures, of course!!  This is kinda interesting because my daughter, Kay (if you do not know her, I guarantee you will very soon) kept asking me when we are going back because she missed the employees and wanted to paint again. In my mind, I was thinking I miss them too, but been trying to deal with my rocky roads of life especially with her. I thought taking the things away I like would make life better, but it didn't. Taking away the things that I enjoyed left me with a hole in my heart and I felt so incomplete especially when I was sacrificing the things I love to do. Patti provided great comfort knowing what I am going through at the moment and being the kind-hearted person that she is.. I had to close my door at work and teared up.  It is so good to know that people really appreciate you and provides you the powerful words that helps you see life in a positive manner.I will end this entry with a quote I posted on my Facebook personal and Fan page :

‎"Life is short. Break the rules. Forgive quickly. Kiss slowly.Love truly. Laugh uncontrollably And never regret anything that made you smile, Enjoy Life! 
Until Next Time, Tosha {Love, Peace, & *Art*}

   VSA Alabama - Check them out! Good to see my pictures being used for a great organization.


No comments:

Post a Comment